06 May 2010

The world of blogging...

Hello All! I am Tracy and teach kindergarten in Florida. (5 more weeks!!) This is my 5th year teaching but my first year in kindergarten. I do have to say, kindergarten is a different world, but it is enjoyable. This is also my first experience with blogging. I have many friends that have blogs but I never got into it. I think having a blog for classroom use is a great idea. I don't know any teachers that use one, but I will be asking around. What a great way to communicate ideas and thoughts with parents and others! I am always up for some advice about the blogging world! In what ways do others use technology in the primary grades?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy

    Thought I would leave a comment on your blog. I think this will be a fun class! We are all learning something new. Must be nice to teach in year round warm weather! I always look how teachers in primary grades use technology and then adjust it for my students who academically are at the K-2nd grade level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy,

    First I would like to commend you for being a kindergarten teacher! I am a 7th grade teacher and could never teach elementary age kids! I saw that you said you only have 5 more weeks! I have 13 days, so I already have a countdown going on my board at school! I am exicted about this class and getting to read everyone's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I thought about using a blog for communication with parents but what a great idea. All parents can benefit from ideas from one another, plus what a great way for teachers to get parental involvement. Teachers could post an activity (especially with the younger students k-2) on the class blog and parents post results. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After searching blogs this week, I found schools are using blogs as newsletters from the teacher. Instead of sending home paper newsletters, they are given the website. Given the little time teachers already have, I wonder how much time it takes to keep up with a class blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe students could use blogging as a homework help line.

    ReplyDelete